Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Update from the crazy side of things




Life has been crazy and I have not had a chance to blog lately. As promised, here are the updates:


IEP's gathering dust....


Well, the big kid went back to school and we found out that he was dropped from his Behavioral Intervention Class and mainstreamed. Our goal is mainstream, but dang - right out of the gate in 7th grade?! For a kid with zero social skills?! Why not paint a big ol' target on his back and get it over with quickly?


I walked into the school on the first day with him and was told to "just send him to class, no schedule changes will be made during the first week of school". After I got done laughing my booty off, I made my way to the counselor's office. They were appropriately horrified and immediately fixed the goof up.


Monkeys....


Found an iPhone app where you can shake a monkey. Super funny - except when you see the look of horror on your baby's face and remember you have called her a monkey all her life.


Doctors who need listening ears....


So, about 2 weeks before school started, my son's psychiatrist took him off of his mood stabilizer to try something different. The "new" med made him manic/irritable/angry within a few days. I called the pdoc and told him it wasn't working out to well and asked what we should do. His answer? "Just stop it." Um, really?
Yeah, so last week after the 2 new holes and the death threats (from my son, not me - although I was quickly reaching the end of my rope) we went back on the original mood stabilizer.

Ok, so one more time - perhaps it would save us all a bit of frustration and repair bills if you would just freaking listen to the woman who has been with this kid the last 13 years. No stimulant without a mood stabilizer!!! GEEESH!


Speeding Tickets....


The day it all came to a head with the mood stabilizer, my son said he wanted to "be dead" because he hated feeling like he was. I was on my way home and was faced with a dilemma..call the mother in law and risk her fanning the flames or keep him on the phone while driving like a crazy woman? Well, you know where this is going. Yes, I got a ticket for doing 75 in a 60. I tried to explain why I was in a hurry (if nothing else, maybe they could send someone over to check on him) only to be cut off and told "the issue will be there when you get home".


Well, gee, Officer No-Compassion, did you take a special class at the academy to get so jaded or did it come with the badge?



Emotional rollercoaster.....


Yep. Still on it, but big kid seems to be leveling off and I big puffy heart his ability to bounce back from this major set back.


Duplicity....


*Sigh* too much to go into right now. Very concerned about my sister. Will see about blogging about that when it doesn't feel so overwhelming.


Finally - possible winning lottery ticket...


Wish it had been me, but found out my husband forgot to buy that winning lottery ticket. Yes, he is still alive. Although, we did buy this amazing huge new subzero freezer....

No comments:

Post a Comment