Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Intro

Welcome to "Mama said". I am a mom of 2 great kids and frequently find myself saying "Because I am the mama!" hence "Mama said...".

My oldest child is a 12 year old boy child who just happens to have Bipolar 1 Disorder mixed without psychosis (thank goodness!) and a form of Autism called PDD-NOS. He has been diagnosed by 4 different psychiatrists and yes, I agree with them. No, I will not debate psychiatry in children with you.

My other child is just a sweet, sassy 7 year-old girl child who sometimes thinks she's a cat. Well, ok, only when she's in trouble and thinks meowing will be her ticket out, but whatev.

My husband and I have a complicated marriage, but he is a great dad to both of my children.

Someday I might share history of how these special people came into my life, but not just yet. I have been recently burned by real-life gossip due to "oversharing" via an old blog.

I love blogging because it's cheaper than therapy and have decided to resume it, but without so many details. Since I consider it my form of therapy, it may not always be sweet, endearing or even cheerful. If you notice a post doesn't appear to be current, it probably isn't. I'm going to write what I feel like writing and will post when I feel it is appropriate. So there.


No comments:

Post a Comment