Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Some things shouldn't have to be said.....

Let me set the stage for you. I am a 30-something female on the low rungs of management at Very Large Corporation. Mostly I am an analyst. "Bob" is an administrative employee who has been with Very Large Corporation longer than I have been alive. He has many quirks (such as literally wearing the same clothes every day to work) but is overall a good employee.

Me: Bob, I brought you in to discuss a concern shared by several of your co-workers.

Bob: Those people have nothing better else to do than to harass me.

Me: Well, Bob, I think they may have a valid point. It has to do the with the microwave and your socks.

Bob: What about my socks? I put them in the microwave to warm them up.

Evidently it was all so very logical in Bob's world. In my world, this kind of thing shouldn't have to be said.

No comments:

Post a Comment